In our first episode, we hear tales of glowing Civil War soldiers, a Pixar princess, and musical bugs.
Download: Episode 1 – Glow
- Special thanks to my guests, Dr. Phyllis Martin of the USDA (retired) and Frank P. Lavarre.
- I first heard about the Civil War “Angel’s Glow” phenomenon via an article in mental_floss by Matt Soniak.
- Thanks to the Allegheny National Forest rangers and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park rangers for information on the fireflies.
- The Pixar Theory is the brainchild of Jon Negroni, of the Now Conspiring podcast.
- The poems “The Ancient Track,” by H.P. Lovecraft and “The Wood-Pile,” by Robert Frost, are quoted and referenced under the auspices of Fair Use.
All music for this episode is licensed through Magnatune.
- “Camila’s Song,” by Teslim
- “West Texas Sunrise,” by Carey Clayton
- “The Pan Chaser,” by Fernwood
- “The Light,” by Giorgio Constantini
- “Underwater, “by Claire Fitch
Produced by New World Witchery. Copyright 2016. Images via Pixabay. Featured image: “Fireflies,” by Kazhidegu (via Wikimedia Commons).